<
2 | 3 |
| 5 | 6 | 7
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Friesian Beach Ride Hosted by FHANE at Horseback Beach, Westport MA 0 M. Hamilton FRIESIAN BEACH RIDE  Friesian Horse Association of New England is hosting a Friesian beach ride to help promote the group and support membership drive.  Location: Horseneck Beach, Westport MA Come splash around with us for and enjoy the beach with other Friesian enthusiasts!  This event will be a guided beach ride at low tide at Horseback Beach in Westport, MA.  Lunch will be provided. All breeds welcome. We have some volunteers to walk on the ground with horse/ riders less confident. Cost is $20 per/person, and ALL proceeds go to FHANE to help with costs of running membership and help boost great events such as this. JOIN US! Email Meghan at Meghan@ridinginspired.com What you need to know: Low tide is close to 12pm. The best time to get onto the beach would be for 11:30, so arrive between 10:30-11am to get settled. Rides commence between 11:30 and 12pm. Separate groups can be formed for those who wish to take it easy and do a quieter ride.  Directions- use "5 John Reed Road Westport, MA", look for FHANE sign and pull into huge parking lot on the right hand side. RULES: There are a few! All horse manure MUST be removed and taken out of the parking lot when you leave. You are FORBIDDEN to ride in the sand dunes, they are protected and are wildlife sanctuaries. Please also take all trash with you. It is a privilege to ride at these beautiful beaches we want to leave them as we found them. Helpful tips: Ride along the waters edge, feel free to splash around up to your horses knees, and try to keep your horses head aimed along the beach or at the beach, but not towards open ocean. It is helpful to bring a spare halter, and bring fresh water with you, they will be thirsty afterwards. It is a beautiful beach, enjoy the ride. We should have several photographers joining us for the beach ride to capture all the black pearls on the beach. Pictures can be purchased directly through the vendors. There will be a membership table set up, if you need to signup still, there are still introductory memberships available. Sign Up Today! History: The reservation occupies a peninsula that juts out from Westport's mainland with Rhode Island Sound to the southwest and Buzzards Bay to the southeast. The reservation features 2 miles (3.2 km) of barrier beach, marshland, and a protected estuary habitat. Most of the marshland is concentrated at the northern portion of the peninsula bordering Horseneck Channel and The Let. The barrier island known as Gooseberry Neck (or Gooseberry Island) is connected by a causeway to the main peninsula and is the southernmost extension of Horseneck Beach State Reservation. It partially divides Rhode Island Sound from Buzzards Bay. Join us April 23rd and make a splash as we enjoy the beginning of spring and see how many Friesians we can get on the beach! For more information please email Meghan@ridinginspired.com or call Meghan at 508-317-0098. You can also visit FHANE.ORG for more information on events.
by M. Hamilton
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Heather Blitz Clinic **DATE CHANGE: MAY 27 & 28th, Dartmouth MA 0 M. Hamilton You're Invited! Heather Blitz returns to Meghan Hamilton Dressage, Join Us MAY 27 & 28th ** Memorial Day Weekend  Please join us in welcoming Heather who is brilliant working with both horse and rider, and who has a vast knowledge in applying biomechanics in every riding scenario, improving how riders can better communicate with their horse. There is something for everyone to see and hear at clinics with Heather! Consider auditing! Limited Spaces Available- Get Your Spot The clinic on the 29th & 30th of April has limited spaces for riders, and plenty of space available for auditors. Lunch will be included in all prices, including for auditors. Riders are allowed 1 groom/friend, and also will receive lunch.  Accomodations include a brand new indoor with separate warm up area outdoors. Stalls are limited and will be used for truck ins with overnight priority.  Location  The clinic will be hosted at Sleepy Hollow Farm home of Meghan Hamilton Dressage, located at 46 Albro Ave, Dartmouth MA. SHF is close to routes 195, 24, and 140 Riders- $285/ride/day  Auditors- $40/day or $60 for 2-day pass.  NEDA/FHANE members receive $5/discount!  To register hit the purple button below or you can email Meghan Hamilton at meghan@ridinginspired.com or call 508-317-0098 with any questions.
by M. Hamilton
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Open Barn & Tack Sale @ Sleepy Hollow Farm, Dartmouth MA April 22nd 0 M. Hamilton Join us for a Tack Sale hosted inside our brand new indoor arena! April 22nd 9am-3pm. Food and refreshments will be available. Tables are $20 ea and you need to bring your own.  Take a tour of our facility and see what we have to offer. We are offering 2 training spaces for April and May. Come meet us, and our horses, check out our facility and enjoy our used tack sale!  To reserve a table email Meghan at sleepyhollowfarm@live.com or call 508-317-0098.
by M. Hamilton
Thursday, March 30, 2017
PT help 0 A. Belka Looking for an experienced horsperson, who can help with stalls and general care 5-6 days a week in Rowley Ma . 3 hours a day weekdays and possibly longer day or days on the weekend. Should have experience cleaning 12+ stalls and basic handling. Must have references. Please contact Anne 978-314-9116
by A. Belka
Friday, March 24, 2017
Felicitas von Neumann Cosel clinic audit discount 0 L. Pedersen A rare opportunity to participate as an auditor (or rider) at the Felicitas von Nemann Cosel clinic at Riverfront Farm in Concord.  NEDA members receive an auditing discount.  Visit the calendar on the NEDA website for details.  Don't miss it!  
by L. Pedersen
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Michael Poulin returns to Saltmarsh Farm April 8th and 9th 0 D. Gavriluk Olympian Michael Poulin returns to Saltmarsh Farm in South Dartmouth, Ma for another two day clinic Saturday and sunday, April 8th and 9th. Please contact Danielle 508 636-5995 for rider spots and auditing info.Go to saltmarsh farm dressage FB page for updates and directions This will be another great weekend of education with 8 rides per day from training level thru Grand Prix! . Auditor fee, discounted for Neda members
by D. Gavriluk
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Training Stall Available 0 L. Guilbault Training stall available with Grand Prix rider at Linden Woods Farm in Durham, NH. Get a jump on the competition with either a short term tune-up or let us help you through the competitive season, or maybe you are a serious rider that just wants a better partnership with your horse. Whether you are looking to hone the basics or wish to take your horse to the next level, we use proven classical techniques with patience and compassion for both horse and rider. $1200/month full board and training. Please call 603-396-2565 or email doubleaeq@outlook.com
by L. Guilbault
Monday, March 13, 2017
Vera Kessels-Barisone clinic 3/18 and 3/19 schedule 0 J. Pearson-Keating Please join us for our first clinic of the season. See rider schedule below. Auditors welcome 25.00 day (15.00 NEDA and CRDA current members) Coffee, water and snacks included Vera Kessels-Barisone Clinic Sat 3/18 8:45 MaryAnne Roddy 9:30 Audrey Murphy 10:15 Linda Currie 11:00 Laci Keating 11:45 Linda Currie 12:30 lunch 1:00 Tori Desmond 1:45 Kat Hurley 2:30 Kate Seder 3:15 Jeanne Heiple 4:00 Sunday 3/19 8:45 MaryAnne Roddy  9:30 Audrey Murphy 10:15 Linda Currie 11:00 Jeanne Heiple 11:45 Laci Keating 12:30 lunch 1:00 Jayne Sportelli 1:45 Linda Currie 2:30 Sharon Magnolo 3:15 Kate Seder 4:00
by J. Pearson-Keating
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Barn suggestions? 2 K. Schwaegerle Wish we were close enough for you!!
by N. Later Lavoie
Friday, March 3, 2017
Childrens camp 0 N. Later Lavoie I am hosting a sleep over children's dressage camp March 10-12, 2017 at The Ashby Stock Farm. We still have one spot available. Please email me nancylaterdressagehorses@gmail.com for more information. This is a great opportunity for young horse enthusiasts to meet other children with the same interests, we will share all aspects of horse management, seat and application of the aids as well as fun with games and conversation. The application is on my website www.carouseldressagehorses.com
by N. Later Lavoie
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Women Who Started Riding at 50 or 60 0 F. Wychorski I returned to riding horses for fun last year. I made a living working on a small horse farm in NJ in my twenties. Now, 56 years old, last year started taking riding lessons again. I keep meeting women in my age range who are doing the same thing.   I am curious to hear from women who started riding for the first time at 50 or 60 years old. I wonder what motivated you to take up this activity?  It’s clear to me why I did, I needed the right circumstances for motivation, plus $$ and time.   I decided to write a feature article on this topic for a course I am taking in journalism. I would love to hear about your experience. Especially new riders. What’s your goal? What fitness benefits have you noticed since you started riding? How often do you ride? Why not golf or tennis, why riding horses?   I’d also appreciate hearing from riding instructors as to what an older adult beginner is like to teach.   I appreciate your time and hope to have a few responses. Please email taorminaspring@gmail.com
by F. Wychorski
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Vera Kessels- Barisone Clinic at Tall Oaks Farm on Sat 3/18 and Sun 3/19 0 J. Pearson-Keating We are hosting the first Vera Kessels-Barisone clinic of the season on Saturday 3/18 and Sunday 3/19 in Millis, Ma. Vera is a fabulous Dutch FEI rider and trainer with years of international as well as olympic experience. Her warm, enthusiastic teaching style as well as ability to help all levels of horse and rider make it a pleasure to either ride with her or just sit and audit. One spot available left on each day. Please email me if you are interested at jodi@jodipearsonkeating.com . AUDITORS WELCOME
by J. Pearson-Keating
Monday, February 27, 2017
michael Poulin at Salt Marsh Farm this weekend 0 D. Gavriluk Michael Poulin clinic at Salt marsh Farm this weeken. Two full days of riding! Clinic starts at 9:00 Saturday and sunday and runs til about 4:30. Clinic is full with 8 rides per day from training level to Grand Prix!  Auditing space available , please reserve by contacting Danielle saltmarshfarm@earthlink.net. This is going to be a very full  weekend
by D. Gavriluk
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Michael Poulin 2 day Clinic at Salt Marsh Farm ! February 25 and 26 1 D. Gavriluk One rider spot has become available for sunday. Please contact Danielle 508 6365995 or saltmarshfarm@earthlink.net
by D. Gavriluk
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Lovely connemara for partial lease 0 R. Markels Webber Peat is a lovely 15.1 H connemara/TB looking for a new dance partner. Schooling second level movements. Sweat and kind personality. Stabled in Harvard. Lessons available with FEI trainer. Feel free to email me for more information rachelmarkelswebber@yahoo.com
by R. Markels Webber
Monday, January 30, 2017
Hanovarian gelding for 1/2 lease in Pepperell 0 T. Domigan I am looking for someone interested in a half lease at a farm with an indoor in the Pepperell area. Dylan is a15 year old hanovarian gelding that has been in light work due to injury and my work schedule. He is a 17.1 hands, big boned love bug that loves attention. Before his injury, we were training at 2nd level, and he is a nice mover. I am looking for someone who wants to ride 2 to 3 times a week and help me get him back into shape. Due to his size, he is not a beginner horse. If you are interested, please email Trish at grafgable@gmail.com.
by T. Domigan
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Bates Saddlery - Why ride in a Bates? 0 G. McPherson Maine Horse & Rider and Bates Saddlery team up to talk about why Bates saddles, with CAIR panels, are beneficial for dressage horses. The Sunday, January 22nd, discussion at Pineland Farms is free to attend. Discussion starts at 9am followed by education on how to adjust the saddles for proper fit.
by G. McPherson
Friday, January 13, 2017
Half Lease on 2nd level dressage horse 0 C. Teich For Half Lease on farm only! Zeus is a wonderful school master looking for a dressage rider to teach. He has competed up to Intermediate level eventing but is now doing lower levels and dressage. He is a 16.3 hand stocky grey tb gelding. He is extremely sweet and has excellent ground manners. He is very quiet, Loves to trail ride as well and is at a beautiful farm with many trails. His gaits are excellent and has a nice smooth canter. Showing is available and lessons. please email carcorteich@gmail.com located at Orchard Hill Equestrian Center, has indoor.
by C. Teich
Thursday, January 12, 2017
Experienced Horse Person 0 R. Markels Webber Looking for Experienced Horse Person for Harvard Dressage Barn, four hours Tuesday and Thursday afternoons plus a day and a half on weekends. Salary plus potential for lessons and/or indoor arena time. Contact Pam Browning (508)-277-5836
by R. Markels Webber
Monday, January 9, 2017
Stall available CO-OP facility 0 l. parkin Stall available at active dressage CO-OP Woodwind farm is a working CO-OP facility located in Hope, Ri. This beautiful property has both indoor and outdoor arenas, with access to beautiful trails. Supportive and friendly team-like atmosphere for all levels of riders. Active during show season and the farm hosts regular clinics. CO-OP Board is $300 for dry stall. Boarders are responsible for supplying own hay, grain and shavings. Supplies are ordered in bulk, delivered and split by the CO-OP members.  Each member of the CO-OP is responsible for cleaning their own horses stall (or making arrangements with other CO-OP members to clean). Watering, feeding and turnout is managed by the CO-OP. Each member works two 1 hr turnout or feeding shift per week. Our CO-OP provides excellent care by experienced and invested horse owners.   Lesson/training requirement. FEI trainer and accomplished assistant trainers on site.   Lessons also available on schoolmasters!   email lmparkin@gmail.com
by l. parkin
Thursday, January 5, 2017
Featured Sponsor

Online Surveys
Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal