Adequan®/USDF Dressage Sport Horse” “Breeding Horse of the year Awards
Friday, May 17, 2013
Did you know you need 3 SCORES from 3 DIFFERENT judges?
Taken from the USDF Member Guide (pages 31-32)
• Minimum of three scores:
From at least three different judges
From three different USEF-licensed/USDF-recognized competitions
Median score of 65 percent or higher to qualify
Horse must have a USDF Lifetime Horse Registration (LHR) when scores are earned.
• owner must have a USDF participating Membership (PM) or Business Membership (BM) and be a member in good standing of USDF when scores are earned.
• no membership requirement for the handler.
• For competition purposes, the age of a horse is considered to be one-year-old on the ﬁrst day of January following the actual date of foaling.
• A "young horse” is one that is three years of age or younger.
• A "mature horse” is one that is four years of age or older.• Age/sex eligibility is determined as follows:
• Fillies, colts and geldings, three years of age and under, may show onLY as sport horse prospects.
• Mares and stallions, age four and over, may show in breed- ing stock classes.
• Geldings of any age may not show in breeding stock classes/ categories. •Geldings, age three and under, may show only in sport horse classes/categories.
• Horse must be eligible to compete in the class to be eligible for an award in that division, per USEF DR 203.
• Scores must be from the same age/sex category.
• Scores must be from USDF DSHB scoresheets (which are appropriate to each judging category), current at the time of competition.
• Scores must be from classes where horses are judged individually in-hand, including Great American Insurance Group/USDF Breed- ers’ championship (USDFBc) Series Final in-hand classes.
• Scores from restricted classes that are otherwise eligible will count towards year-end awards median score calculations, with the exception of individual breed classes. Some indi- vidual breed classes may count towards all-breeds awards if the participating registry/organization (po) chooses. Scores from amateur or junior/young rider handler, group and under saddle classes are not eligible for DSHB year-end awards.
• only the ﬁnal adjusted percentage score, after callbacks, for each class will be counted.
certiﬁcates and prizes are awarded to the owner.
certiﬁcates will be available online.
categories to be recognized:
Fillies of current calendar year
Colts/geldings of current calendar year
Four-year-old and older maiden mares (never been bred) and yeld mares (not currently bred or nursing) (mares without foals)
Four-year-old and older broodmares, either in foal as of January 1 of competition year or currently nursing (mare only to be judged)
Four-year-old and older stallions